Experienced IP attorney Julie D. Hawk practices intellectual property law, focusing on patent preparation and prosecution, client counseling on complex issues relating to validity, infringement, and freedom-to-operate, licensing matters, trademark procurement and trademark portfolio development.
Julie has prepared and prosecuted patents in a wide variety of technical areas, including software and electrical technologies, robotics, financial services, electro-chemical and mechanical systems.
Prior to entering the practice of law, Julie worked as a software engineer for Cisco Systems Inc., where she gained more than ten years of industry experience. As a member of Cisco’s Wireless Networking product development team, Julie was responsible for the architecture and implementation of automated software test systems and hardware validation routines for leading edge IEEE 802.11 wireless products.
- Ohio, 2010
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office, 2010
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Ohio 2011
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit, 2013
Memberships / Honors / Awards
- Ohio State Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Cleveland Intellectual Property Law Association, past chair International IP Law and Practice Committee
- International Trademark Association
- CALI Award in International Patent Law
- J.D., The University of Akron School of Law, 2010
- B.A., Baldwin-Wallace College, minor in Computer Science, cum laude