David R. Button
David Button’s practice covers a broad range of legal areas arising out of real estate transactions, contracts, dealer/distributor agreements, and regulatory matters.
Dave advises clients in the negotiating and drafting of:
- Real estate purchase agreements
- Commercial and residential lease agreements
- Leases with options to purchase
- Construction contracts and mortgages
- Complaints for real property tax exemption
- Foreclosures, evictions and other real estate related litigation
Dave also represents clients in the preparation and enforcement of dealer/distributor agreements, preparation of deeds, easements and other forms of conveyance, as well as in the preparation of wills, living wills, powers of attorney, healthcare powers of attorney and trust agreements.
Dave is also skilled in Probate Court matters including estates, guardianships, land sales, will contests, determination of heirs and other adversary litigation.
Dave’s experience also extends to the advising and assisting of clients in the collection of outstanding accounts and judgments, as well as regulatory compliance on state and federal matters.
- Ohio, 1992
- United States District Court, Northern District of Ohio, 1995
Memberships / Honors / Awards
- Ohio State Bar Association
- Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association
- Real Estate Section of the Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association
- Former Staff Member Ohio State Journal of Dispute Resolution
- Beta Alpha Psi – Honorary Accounting Fraternity
- J.D., The Ohio State University College of Law, 1992
- B.S.B.A., with University Honors, The Ohio State University, 1988