Mergers and Acquisitions
When your company is going through merger, acquisition, or divestiture, you need a legal team with depth of experience and a commitment to guide you through the complexities of an M&A transaction. Wegman Hessler’s Corporate and Business Group works closely with you to carefully craft an individual plan, conduct thorough due diligence, assist in securing appropriate financing, provide guidance on possible tax implications, and negotiate the final terms of your deal.
We have built our reputation in this area by successfully completing M&A transactions that include real estate, intellectual property, and tax related issues. Our attorneys represent a multitude of businesses in a variety of industries, including closely-held entities, private-equity firms, and multibillion-dollar manufacturing organizations.
Our mergers and acquisitions services include:
- Drafting letters of intent
- Developing acquisition structure and strategy
- Due diligence review
- Risk evaluation and mitigation
- Negotiating related agreements (transition services agreements, earn-out agreements, noncompetition agreements, and consulting agreements)
- Ensuring compliance with antitrust and anticompetition laws