Local Estate Planning Help
Buying a home is one of the largest investments an individual may make in their lifetime.
The local estate planning lawyers at Wegman Hessler Valore understand that growing your wealth through investments, like your home, is only part of the story. The future financial security of your family and the transfer of wealth to loved ones (or other beneficiaries) is just as important.
Estate planning helps to protect the wealth and financial stability of your family. If you're currently a home owner, or you're in the market for real estate, there are several reasons why it is a good idea to have an estate plan in place:
- Estate planning can save on estate and inheritance taxes. Estate plans that utilize tools like trusts can help minimize tax liabilities that might otherwise apply to the transfer of the home. Without proper planning, in some circumstances those taxes have been so expensive that families have had to sell the inherited real estate assets in order to cover the IRS bill.
- Your estate plan allows the you to specify how your home should be transferred upon your death. Without an estate plan in place, the disposition of the home would be determined by the state's probate laws which may not necessarily match your wishes. An estate plan can specify if the home should be transferred to a spouse, children, other relatives, friends, charities, etc.
- Proper planning helps avoid family disputes and confusion by clearly laying out the home buyer's wishes regarding their property. This can help prevent potential disagreements among family members.
- Proper plans in place also allow the home buyer to nominate guardians for dependents. If the home buyer has minor children or other dependents living in the home, an estate plan can nominate the guardians who should care for them if the home buyer passes away.
- Your plan can specify funeral wishes. An estate plan may include directions regarding the home buyer's preferred funeral or memorial service arrangements. This helps alleviate the guesswork for the family during an already difficult time.
- It can provide for special needs individuals. For home buyers with dependents who have chronic disabilities or illnesses, an estate plan is critical to providing for their long-term care and financial well-being.
- It allows the home buyer to plan for incapacity. Estate plans often include advance directives like powers of attorney that appoint someone to handle the home buyer's financial and healthcare decisions if they become unable to do so during their lifetime.
So in summary, an estate plan gives the home buyer peace of mind that their home and other assets will be distributed according to their wishes. It helps provide security for both the home buyer's lifetime and after they are gone.
The estate planning attorneys at Wegman Hessler are well versed on issues that homeowners, individuals and their families. We coordinate with financial advisors, accountants and other trusted professionals to create a customized plan that optimizes tax benefits and protects wealth.
Our team of local trust and estate attorneys are known for their creative thinking and legal expertise when it comes to estate planning. We work with you to manage the complexity of issues when planning for the future. When you need an experienced estate plan attorney, look no further.
- Last wills and testaments
- Long-term care
- Durable general powers of attorney
- Durable health care powers of attorney
- Living wills
- Transfer on death designations
- Family offices
- Review of beneficiaries
Asset protection and legacy planning
- Trusts for children and grandchildren
- Irrevocable trusts
- Charitable planning
- Probate avoidance trusts
- Tax shelter trusts
- Transfer of wealth strategies
- Gifting plans
We help you protect your wealth.
If you're looking for a trusted advisor on wills, trusts and other estate matters, or if you would like to review your current plan, please connect with us using the AskLocal app to schedule a consultation with one of our estate planning attorneys or paralegals.
Call us to schedule a no-cost, no-obligation call to see what Wegman Hessler Valore can do for you. From multi-million dollar estate strategies to simple wills and trusts, we help you structure your estate for an efficient transfer of wealth according to your wishes.
Estate planning can be complicated. Relationships... family matters... business assets and accounts. We help untangle the details to allow for a smooth, efficient transition that beautifully reflects your preferences and wishes.
With deep experience in family-owned businesses and high-net-worth estates, we help you uncover and address any unique considerations, with strategies and creative ideas to help you preserve your family's wealth and minimize taxes.
Protect Your Legacy
We help guide you through the best practices of estate plans to help ensure your wishes are followed. From foundations and trusts, to the transfer of wealth, we help ensure your legacy is secure.
13,567 and counting...
Most business leaders spend a lifetime accumulating wealth and building an estate. That legacy deserves protection.
Since 1968, Wegman Hessler Valore has worked with more than 13,567 clients on probate and estate planning. We provide expert legal counsel on a variety of estate planning, trust, guardianship and probate matters. Our work with clients makes the difficult task of growing, protecting and distributing wealth easier for thousands of families.
The local estate planning experts at Wegman Hessler Valore provide sound legal counsel on all aspects of estate planning. This includes trust design and administration (including family offices), wealth preservation, and its eventual transfer to others. We help keep you informed on methods to minimize the impact wealth and assets when transferred.
Our approach is collaborative. We can work closely with with your financial planners, insurance agents, accountants, and other trusted advisors to create a customized plan to help you take advantage of any and all available tax benefits and gifting options.
From preparing wills to complex trusts to navigating family disputes, we stand ready to help you anticipate and prepare for what's ahead. It is a privilege to help you manage and preserve your assets for future generations in accordance with your wishes.
Wegman Hessler Valore assists our clients in identifying and understanding their particular wishes concerning the use of their property during their lifetime and its distribution following their death. We also help clients avoid common pitfalls and determine the legal documents and estate planning tools that best suit their individual needs and circumstances.
It is important to keep in mind that the lack of an adequate estate plan can create unnecessary financial and personal burdens on your family and loved ones.
Our initial consultation is at no charge. We invite you to get in touch.